Monday, April 18, 2011

Hall Bathroom Inspiration

As I mentioned in the last post, the hall bathroom is our next project. It may be a little while before we actually do anything in there, so I thought I would give you an idea of what we plan to do. I already posted a photo of the pretty blue cabinet knob we got for the bathroom. In case you forgot, here it is again:

So, the bathroom is going to be blue and white. We already have a white shower curtain and we plan to paint the cabinet in there white. We are also thinking of putting white beadboard paneling on the bottom half of the walls. The unpaneled upper portion will be painted blue and have photos from our honeymoon in California printed out and placed in white frames. We also plan to swap out the brassy gold light fixture for a silver one and the standard slab o glass mirror will be replaced by one that I plan to make with some mosaic tiles and/or seashells that I have. So that's the plan and here are some photographs that may help you envision what we are thinking of doing in there.

Here are a couple of photos I found of blue bathrooms with white beadboard:



You can see in that top photo that they have a sconce on either side of the mirror instead of a fixture over the mirror. We are debating about which route we want to go with that. We will most likely do a fixture over the mirror because that's where the fixture is now, plus there may not be enough room on the left side because it is pretty close to the wall, but we'll see.

Here are a few photos I found of mosaic mirrors. What do you think? Any preference between blue glass tiles vs. seashells or round vs. rectangular?




3 comments:

  1. Tiles. I don't like seashells in bathrooms. The bathroom is not a beach, and I don't think it should try to be. My mom did the beach theme, if you recall. It was nice, I guess, but I got tired of it really quickly. Her current theme (or the one she's working on) is much better and I don't get tired of it. Beach bathrooms are just overdone for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, with the beadboard and the photos from the beach I think adding anything else explicitly beachy would be too much. We want the room to say "I could be in a house near a beach" not "I AM the beach". Plus tiles seem much easier to DIY than seashells. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That, too. A fine point, madam. (Easy = better)

    ReplyDelete